TIMETABLE, CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA 2019 & RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Online Registration Closing Date: 29th September 23:59pm (AEST) Australian Time
Competition Closes with photos to be received by: 29th September 23:59pm (AEST)
Judging: 7th – 12th October
Winner Announcement: 15th October
6D+ Mega Volume
Lash Art (2+ colors) Make Believe Theme: Mythical Creatures, Unicorns, Fairies, Elves, Sprites, Mermaids, Dragons and other heavenly beings
Junior – up to a maximum of 1 year of eyelash extension application experience* (*Experience calculated from your start date to the date of competition). For example, if your total eyelash extension experience is 8 years, but you were trained in volume application only one month ago, you will compete in the Junior Volume Division.
Senior – 1 to 3 years of eyelash extension experience; (*Experience calculated from your start date to the date of competition). For example, if your total eyelash extension experience is 1.5 years, but you were trained in volume application only one month ago, you will compete in the Junior Volume Division or the Senior Classic Division.
Master – Over 3 years of experience.
If it is found a Competitor has registered in the wrong division, they will receive a 10-point deduction in their final score for each competition. If found that a competitor has been registered in the wrong division after the competition has been completed they will be disqualified. Please ensure you are in the correct division. Competitors must enter the highest division they qualify for.
1) Open to all lash stylists worldwide.
2) Competitors must enter the highest division they qualify for.
3) If it’s found a competitor has registered in the wrong division, they will receive a 10-point deduction in their final score for each competition.
4) Competitors are allowed to enter more than one submission into a category to give more chances of winning (new entry fee must be paid on additional entries)
5) After registration, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this within 24 hours please contact the organizer urgently as it means your registration has NOT been processed.
6) No changes /photos withdrawn/ refunds are provided once registered.
7) Must be your own original work.
8) Images must be new and have not been seen before.
9) Your photos cannot be shared online until after the competition winners have been announced
10) Judges decisions are final.
11) The individual scores will not be provided.
12) All pictures for competition are the sole property of the organizer without compensation to the competitors. All photos sent will automatically allow us to use for any advertising, publication or social media without prior permission from entrant.
13) Trophies and prizes will be sent out within two weeks after the announcement.
14) All winning photos will be used across social media, and will be published after the ceremony.
3 top winners from each category and level will be chosen.
Trophies and prizes will be given. It is the winners responsibility to keep track of shipping codes. Winners may be required to pay duties/taxes when prizes enter their country. (It will be shipped from Japan)
$75 (US) (~$100 AU)
Be sure to enter the judge codes when registering if applicable
Each photo file size to be a minimum 5mb as a JPG and in HIGH Resolution.
* Once you have registered, you will receive an email containing a link for each category to upload your pictures.
You can also access the links from your account on the website.
* No retouching of lashes (Retouching, blurring and darkening the lashes will lead to immediate disqualification)
* No watermarks, company logo, filtering or similar altering.
* Please send 7-8 pictures. (Mandatory)
*Remember judges can only mark what they can see. It’s impossible to give scores higher than 50% if the photos are blurry.
No.1: Before picture (Closed) Both eyes
Eyes closed from behind of the model head and eye patches applied to see the condition of natural lashes.
No.2: Before picture (Whole Face) Both eyes
Eyes open from the front while model is seated to see the shape and the whole face.
No.3: After picture (Closed)Both eyes
Eyes closed from behind of the model head without eye patches.
No.4: After picture (Whole Face) Both eyes
Eyes open looking straight photo of the whole face to see the symmetry of eyelashes and shape chosen for the model face.
No.5 & 6: After picture (Single Right Eye and Single Left Eye)
Each eye with model looking up.
No7: After picture (Side) One eye
From the side to see the curl of eyelash extensions.
No8: After picture (Optional for Classic, mandatory for Volume)
One separating lashes showing your applied fans
Additional photos to show your work at it’s best.
No makeup should appear along the lash line (exemption for Lash Art after photos)
No excess glue should appear on the lashes, skin or eye pads
No pen marks should be left on the eyelid
98%+ of lashes should be covered (including inner and outer corners)
Lashes should not be crooked, they should lean in the correct direction
Chosen design is suitable for model’s eye shape, symmetry and face
No two natural lashes or extensions should be stuck together
There should smooth blending between length and curl changes (worth high points in Volume and Mega Volume categories)
Distance from skin/eyelid
Distance from the eyelid skin should be the same for all extensions through the lash line. Recommended distance:
Classic Extensions: 0.5mm-1mm
Volume, Mega Volume Extensions: 0.5mm- 1mm
Extensions length should be suitable for model’s natural lashes and not cause any drooping, twisting or be touching the eyebrows
Lash extensions thickness/volume of lashes in a fan should be suitable for model’s natural lashes. Refer to the below criteria for each category:
In Classic the competitor is allowed to mix the thicknesses to best suit their models lashes.
Maximum thickness allowed is 0.18 diameter. (Flat or Clover Lashes are not allowed, only traditional classic lashes)
For Volume and Mega Volume
0.03mm – Max 12 extensions per natural lash
0.04mm – Max 10 extensions per natural lash
0.05mm – Max 8 extensions per natural lash
0.06mm – Max 6 extensions per natural lash
0.07mm – Max 5 extensions per natural lash
0.085mm – Max 3 extensions per natural lash
The more lashes used, the higher your score.
Judging is based on how well the competitor adjusted the weight (with both thickness of lashes AND number of lashes in a fan) based on the natural lashes of the model.
For 2D/3D Volume lashes allowed are as follows:
0.085mm and below to be used for 3D
0.10mm and below used only for 2D
Attachment of Bases
A lash extension should be attached to the natural lash securely, without lifting at the base or splitting of fan bases
Chosen design is suitable for model’s eye shape, brows and face.
No coloured lashes are to be used. (Exemption for Lash Art category)
Only black adhesive is to be used. (Exemption for Lash Art category)
both eyes should look even in styling and fullness
Only for Volume and Mega Volume Categories. The distance between each extension in the fan must be even. Closed fans will lead to point deductions. Thin and neat bases.
Style, length and curl should complement model’s face shape, overall quality of workmanship will also be judged here.
dictum quis eget ante. efficitur. id, diam in nunc